Permanent Residency in Canada


Permanent Residency in Canada


Express Entry is used to manage applications for permanent residence under these federal economic immigration programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

Federal Skilled Worker – The FSW category is prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers, who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada, and who intend to reside in a province other than Quebec.

Program Requirements

  1. Proof of language proficiency an overall IELTS 6 band.
  2. Foreign Educational Credential Assessed by one of the below:
    • Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
    • International Credentials Assessment Service of Canada.
    • World Education Services.
  3. 1 year of continuous full-time (or equivalent) paid work experience within the last 10 years.

Work experience must be on the following categories of NOC 0, A,B

  • Category O (zero) — Managerial positions Examples: Manager of a restaurant, hotel, Manager in the field of the mining industry, etc.
  • Category A — Professions which require University Diploma Examples: Doctors, Architectures, University professors, Financial analytics,PR specialists, Marketing specialists.
  • Category B — Professions which require College Diploma or Trade Certificate Examples: chefs, electricians, cabinetmakers, carpenters, joiners.

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

  • The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.


  • Required levels of English or French (CLB 5 equivalent to IELTS 6.0 )
  • Meet all job requirements for that skilled trade according to the NOC.
  • Have 2/5 years of full-time (or equivalent) work experience in a skilled trade before application.
  • Have an offer of full-time employment for at least 1 year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body
  • Plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

Full-time employment means that you have to work a total of at least 30 hours over a period of one week for two years in your skilled trade within the five years before you apply.

In Canada, provinces and territories issue certificates of qualification in the skilled trades. To get a certificate, the provincial or territorial trades authority must assess your training, trade experience and skills to decide if you are eligible to write an exam to be certified.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

  • For many international students, the Canadian Experience Class offers the fastest and most simple path to achieving permanent residence.

After graduation from a Canadian college or university, many international graduates are able to remain in the country on post-graduate work permits. If during this time, a graduate obtains at least one year of work in a skilled, professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to enter the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Experience Class.

Canadian Experienced Class program is also ideal for temporary workers who have already integrated into Canadian society and obtained Canadian work experience.


  • Proof of language proficiency CLB 7, equivalent to IELTS 6.0 for NOC 0 , A or CLB5 for NOC B
  • Education Credential Assessment (preferred).
  • 12 months of full-time work experience in Canada with the proper authorization.
  • Work experience must be gained after graduation in case of students.
  • Plan to live outside of the province Quebec.

It is important to know that applicants under CEC can remain in Canada throughout the application process.

However, CEC is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within three years of leaving their job in Canada.

Quebec Skilled Workers Program

Quebec has a special agreement with the Government of Canada on immigration. The province has its own rules for choosing immigrants who will adapt well to living there.

To apply as a skilled worker in Quebec, you must:

  • Apply to the Quebec government for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), then
  • Apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to become a permanent resident of Canada.

Follow these steps to apply:

  1. Get a Quebec Certificate of Selection
  2. Get the application package
  3. Pay your application fees
  4. Submit your applicatio


Contact Us